Beginning in 1985 as a one man welding operation and eventually incorporating to Harris Steel Erectors in 1993.
Harris Steel Erectors was one of the first to achieve the American Institute for steel constructions (Advanced Certified Steel Erector) status. This is an annual audited program that insures that your getting a quality erector with the capabilities and knowledge to get the job done right.
- 1985 - Harris Steel opens up for business.
- 1993 - Incorporation
- 2003 - One of the first companies to achieve Advanced Certified Steel Erector status.
Commitment to Quality & Safety
Our quality goal is to achieve zero defects in workmanship.
To achieve this all our work must meet the requirements of the contract documents and be performed in accordance with applicable industry codes.
Controlling the quality of our work, and workmanship, means that we understand our responsibilities under the terms of the contract and have the capability to perform and fulfill them because of our resources, knowledge, and experience.
We are accountable for performing the erection of the structural steel, and for providing the equipment, personnel and management for the scope, magnitude and quality of each project.
Our safety goal is to eliminate all occupational injuries/illness and property damage.
To affect this policy, all contracts will be bid in accordance with applicable OSHA rules and employees, through proper training, are expected to comply with those standards.
The ultimate success of our safety and health program depends upon the full cooperation of each individual employee. Therefore, all personnel are charged with the responsibility for planning safety into each work task, for preventing incidents, and controlling conditions or actions that could lead to occupational injuries or illness.
Jobsite safety is our top priority. All of our employees undergo continuous training to insure a safe work environment.
Awards and Certifications
- 2002 | Carolinas AGC - Presidential Award for Outstanding Safety Performance
- 2002 | NCDOL - Certificate of Safety Achievement - First Year
- 2004 | NCDOL - Certificate of Safety Achievement - First Year
- 2005 | Carolinas AGC - Presidential Award for Outstanding Safety Performance
- 2005 | NCDOL - Certificate of Safety Achievement - 2nd Consecutive Year Gold
- 2007 | Carolinas AGC - Achievement Award for Outstanding Safety Performance
- 2007 | NCDOL - Certificate of Safety Achievement - First Year Gold Award
- 2011 | Carolinas AGC - Achievement Award for Outstanding Safety Performance
- 2012 | NCDOL - Certificate of Safety Achievement - 2nd Consecutive Year Gold
Quality workmanship and safe work practices
are part of each employees job requirement.